Common Questions: How long are the ribbons that hang from the hair bow holders?
Regular order is 25 inches long (should hold a random sized group of bows and clips, up to about 75)....."Longer Ribbon" is 32 inches long (each ribbon).
What are the measurements of the wooden plaques?
The wooden plaques measure 12" x 5.5"
.........About Our Clips........
We take pride in every clip you see here on this website. All fabric is sealed to prevent fraying. If you EVER have a problem with one of your hair clips, please let us know.
If you are new to the hairclipobsession, deciding on which clips work best for your daughter is not a difficult task. If unsure, text me (813-765-5981)...include a pic if you'd like...I will help guide you before your purchase.
After making and testing clips for YEARS, we have come to the following conclusions:
* We do NOT line the clip fully on the back side. Why? For some reason it decreases the grasp. Will NOT hold on as tight. We've tried it...many times....not worth it. Lining it half way works best.
* We make the determination as to which clip style works best for each embellishment and fabric. Some fabric fits nicer and "cleaner" over the double prong vs. the single prong. The larger embellishments normally work best on the double prong clips, etc.
* We use 4 different styles:
1) ALL VELCRO - of course this is for the newborn with tiny thin hair - or even the late bloomers (tip: purchase small tiny rubber bands from walmart and wrap this velcro bow around the band for a more secure fit):
2) The single prong alligator clip - this clip works well for ALL ages....the bulk of our clips will be placed on single prong alligator clips. Velcro is attached within the clip to prevent sliding - this velcro is included on EVERY HAIR BOW AND CLIP THAT YOU SEE ON THIS WEBSITE (no need to request it):
3) The double prong alligator clip - this clip works well for ALL ages as well....however, we like to use this clip for certain fabrics and larger or heavier embellishments. At times, this clip makes the lining/fabric look better and may hold the applique up nicer. Velcro is attached within the clip to prevent sliding - this velcro is included on EVERY HAIR BOW AND CLIP THAT YOU SEE ON THIS WEBSITE (no need to request it):
4) The snap clips - mini and regular - These clips work well for all ages as well! We have indicated during your ordering process which clips use these snap clips.
Determining if you need to order for RIGHT side or LEFT side: A lot of new moms ask me how or why is this a question....many of our clips have directional embellishments you definitely do not want them to appear upside down on your daughter. Here is a guideline to determine how you should order:
- no bangs at all, no worries...she can wear these clips on either side of her head! - Order by HER HEAD....which side of HER HEAD is she wearing them on....look at her hand...to make this easy....are her bows mostly on the right hand side or the left hand side? If right hand side, please order all bows to the RIGHT, etc.
We hope all this helps!!! If you still have questions about our hair clips, please write!